1300 International Korea Scholarship By The Republic Of Korea
1300 International Korea Scholarship By The Republic Of Korea. The Republic of Korea’s yearly Worldwide Korea Scholarship application period is presently open.
The government of South Korea gives this fully-funded universal scholarship each year at undergrad and postgraduate levels. As a rule, the number of undergraduate candidates is 220, and 1,080 places are the assignment to Master candidates to advantage of this opportunity. Any changes within the number of grants are subject to changes within the sum of the budget.
- Application deadline: Check the embassy/university website
- Locations: Korea
- Organization: Republic of Korea
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Fully-funded
- Degree: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Number of Positions: 1300
- Eligible Countries: All
- Duration: 4 years undergraduate, university timeline for graduate
- Language Required: English (TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS) (Optional), Korean (TOPIK)
- Fields of study: Different Fields
- Applicants should not be the citizen of the Republic of Korea
- Candidates ought to have rationally and physically satisfactory well-being to remain in a foreign nation for a long time
- Undergraduate applicants should be under 25 years old at the time of entrance
- Graduate applicants should be under 40 years of age at the time of entrance
- Undergraduate applicants should have finished or will finish their formal elementary, middle, and high school courses by the date of arrival
- Must hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree at the date of arrival Applicants should hold above 80% GPA in the last educational institution attended
- In the event that you have got already accomplished any bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree in Korea, you cannot apply for the International Korea Scholarship program.
- In any case, a Previous or current KGSP researcher who holds the general review of 90% or over and has accomplished TOPIK level 5 or higher can reapply to this program once either through the international safe haven or university track.
|Resettlement Allowance||KRW 200,000|
|Living Allowance||900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW|
|Medical Insurance||KRW 20,000 (per month)|
|Language Courses||KRW 800,000 per quarter|
|Tuition Fees||Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)|
|Research Support||KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)|
|Announcement released||Sept. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
(Korean Embassies, designated universities)
|Oct.-Nov. in the year prior to planned studies in Korea||Mar.-Apr. in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Results released||Jan. in the year of planned studies in Korea||June in the year of planned studies in Korea|
|Arrival in Korea||Late Feb. in the year of planned studies in Korea||Late Aug. in the year of planned studies|
Requirements for application
◦ Undergraduate students of the overseas universities that are partner universities of GKS for Foreign Exchange Students Program’s selected universities. (Master’s degree candidates who are from the strategic cooperative partnership countries are available to apply.)
※ Those who have already benefited from a 4-month (one term) scholarship cannot extend or renew their terms.
◦ Must possess above 80% (out of 100%)
※Must have completed at least two semesters
◦ Must register for regular courses (language courses are not considered regular courses)
◦ Must not have been sponsored by the Korean government
◦You must hold foreign citizenship (dual citizenship holder—those holding both Korean citizenship and another nationality–cannot apply).
◦ Must choose only one university
◦You must take a Korean language or culture class (at least one class/ two credits).
How to Apply
Candidates who need to apply for the IKS program, please visit the Korean Government office site in your country of residence and prepare your application form alongside all required archives for physical accommodation
Application Guideline Click Here
For more information please visit the Study in Korea website run by Korean Government Here